Windows download: GoblinCamp02.zip
Version 0.2 comes with a pretty major change to stockpiles. They are now called piles, and instead of having any categories that are (dis)allowed everything gets stored in them. Moving through them is slow, so it’s a good idea to make more than one of them. Containers will get moved from pile to pile depending on where they are needed the most, so all you need to do is create the containers and they’ll be automatically used.
Also introduced in this version is diseases, which will act as a natural limit to the size of your settlement unless you do something to counteract the diseases (alcohol works pretty good).
- Piles replace Stockpiles. Everything is allowed and containers get automatically shuffled to where they are needed.
- Diseases will weaken and eventually kill your population if you don’t do anything about a growing population.
- Migratory animals will sometimes cross the map
- The spawning pool expands and spreads corruption in a smoother way, it’s improved from the abrupt way it was before.
- Cowardly creatures can now also panic if they encounter another panicking creature
- Death messages have been improved to give a bit more information, and a bit of variety has been added to them as well.
- Constructions strobe under the cursor now, to better visualize where one stops and another one begins.
- Portable mode. Just create a file named goblin-camp.portable in the directory where GC is installed and it’ll store all the files it needs in a sub-directory in that folder, instead of in the operating system’s default folder.
- Skeletons no longer bleed and other assorted bug fixes.
In other cool news, there’s proper documentation for the game available now! A dapper fellow by the name of Michael Halila (with drawings by Niki) created a reference guide for Goblin Camp: gcguide015.pdf Technically it’s for v0.15, but the majority of it is relevant so it’s a good read if you want to know how things work.